Automated genetic instability studies in Oncology or Toxicology, and DNA damage evaluation
The ScreenTox platform can be used for large scale analysis of the five major in vitro/in vivo assays with drastic gain in accuracy and expert time. The scanning and analysis may be performed on the same Pathfinder™ system.
Human lymphocytes’ DNA damage and repair assessment tests are dedicated to the detection of pre-cancer stage, the repair capacity of patients under chemotherapy or radiation therapy, as well as large scale monitoring of aging population.
Micro nucleus test
AutoMN for automated micro-nucleus scoring in cytokinesis-blocked lymphocytes, providing a reliable, sensitive, specific (95%) method as an early predictive marker for cancer risk, and assessment of DNA damage in oncology genetic instability.
The software algorithms were designed for MN test scoring in standardized preparations for various cell types (human lymphocytes, buccal cells, L51178Y, V79, CHL, CHO, TK6, HepG2…) and staining techniques. The detected damaged cells can be “Reviewed and Validated” by the expert, using a simple and flexible interface.
Algorithms also available for recognition of other cytogenetic events, e.g., nucleo-plasmic bridges, nuclear buds, necrotic, apoptotic cells, allowing automation of a comprehensive Cytome analysis system.
- Fenech M., Kirsch–Volders M., Rossnerova A., Sram R., Romm H., Bolognesi C., Ramakumar A., Soussaline F., Schunck C., Elhajouji A., Anwar W., Bonassi S. (2013) HUMN project initiative and review of validation, quality control and prospects for further development of automated micronucleus assays using image cytometry systems. International J. of Hygiene and Environmental Health 216 (2013) 541-552. Read more.
- Decordier I., Papine A., Van de Look K., Plas G., Soussaline F., Kirsch-Volders M. (2011) Automated image analysis of micronuclei by IMSTAR for biomonitoring. Mutagenesis, vol. 26 (1) pp. 163-168. Read more
- Decordier I., Papine A., Plas, G. Roesems S., Vande Loock K., Moreno-Palomo J., CemeliE., Anderson D., Fucic A., Marcos R., Soussaline F., Kirsch-Volders M. (2009) Automated image analysis of cytokinesis-blocked micronuclei: an adapted protocol and a validated scoring procedure for biomonitoring. Mutagenesis, vol. 24, 85–93. Read more
AutoComet for automated scoring by detection of thousands of comets of a well-established method of single-cell electrophoresis gel to assess a broad spectrum of DNA damage, with high sensitivity, widely used in regulatory, biomonitoring studies at large scale. recognized as the reference system by blue chip customers and Centers of Disease Control.
This approach provides an operator-independent, accurate quantification of DNA damage and repair in large smart data related to cancer human
- Kumar Sharma A. et al. (2018) DNA damage in mouse organs and in human sperm cells by bisphenol A. Toxicological & Environmental Chemistry Journal. Read more
- Kumar Sharma A., Soussaline F., Sallette J. Dybdahl M. (2012) The influence of the number of cells scored on the sensitivity in the comet assay. Mutation Research: Genetic Toxicology and Environmental Mutagenesis 749 (2012) 70-75. Read more.
- Azqueta A., Meier S., Priestley C., Bjerve Gutzkow K., Brunborg G., Sallette J., Soussaline F., Collins A. (2011) The influence of scoring method on variability in results obtained with the comet assay. Mutagenesis, vol. 26 (3) pp. 393-399. Read more
Chromosome Aberration Scoring (CAS) and Sister Chromatid Exchange (SCE)
CAS and SCE scoring benefit from the Metafind module for automated fast metaphase finder and from KARYO module for automated and interactive karyotyping.
The list of aberrations can be customized to users’ needs, stored in the database with reports and all samples’ images and data.
Protein Level Expression of H2AX
This module provides automated high-throughput screening of samples in any format (e.g., smear on pattern-slides, cell-on-chip) for quantitative evaluation of histone phosphorylation after radiation.
Benzina S., Pitaval A., Lemercier C., Lustremant C., Frouin V., Wu N., Papine A., Soussaline F., Romeo P-H., Gidrol X. (2015) A kinome-targeted RNAi-based screen links FGF signaling to H2AX phosphorylation in response to radiation. Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences 2015; 72(18): 3559–3573. Read more